Vaccines are for everyone. By vaccinating, people are not only protecting themselves, their families, but also people who could not receive vaccine such as people who are immuno-compromised.
At Mayview, our patients’ health is our number one priority. Therefore, we base our practices on evidence-based recommendations. The World Health Organization recommends vaccines to be given to children and adult(1). There are still hundreds of thousand of children and adults worldwide dying each year due to vaccine preventable diseases (2). In addition, the mortality rates have been decreasing dramatically ever since vaccines were introduced. Studies have shown that vaccines save lives. Hence, we recommend our patients to get vaccinated.
The California Immunization Law applies to ALL public and private schools, but it does not require home-schooled children to be vaccinated. However, anytime the parents decide to enroll their children in school, the children will need to be vaccinated before they can enter school or attend classes. In addition, some colleges and universities in California are now requiring students to have certain immunizations before they can start enrolling into the school. Therefore, unimmunized children will not be able to attend school, college, or universities in California. Please see below to learn more about the California School Immunization Law and immunizations requirement for some of the colleges and universities in the bay area.
Immunization Clinic Hours:
Our Walk-In Immunization Clinics are for our established patients ONLY. If you are not a MayView patient and are interested in establishing care with us, please calland schedule an appointment with one of our providers. If you are a MayView patient but haven't been seen by the provider for over 1 year, you will also need to schedule an appointment with the provider.
Mondays: 9:00am- 11:15am and 1:15pm – 3:15 pm
Tuesdays: 9:00am- 11:15am and 1:15pm – 3:15 pm
Fridays: 9:00am- 11:15am and 1:15pm – 3:15 pm
For More Information:
- “Your Best Shot at Good Health” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: https://www.vaccines.gov/who_and_when/index.html
- California School Immunization Law: http://www.shotsforschool.org/laws/
- Stanford University Immunizations Requirement: https://vaden.stanford.edu/about/entrance-health-requirements
- UC Berkeley Immunizations Requirement: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/requirements-immunizations
- University of San Francisco Immunizations Requirement: https://myusf.usfca.edu/student-health-safety/hps/immunization/required
- San Jose State University Immunizations Requirement: http://www.sjsu.edu/registrar/students/Immunization/
- San Francisco State University Immunizations Requirement: https://health.sfsu.edu/content/vaccinations-and-immunizations#Required-Immunizations
- World Health Organization – WHO recommendations for routine immunization – summary table: http://www.who.int/immunization/policy/immunization_tables/en/
- World Health Organization – Vaccines and diseases: http://www.who.int/immunization/diseases/en/